Sunday, March 26, 2023

Blog Return

Blog Return

Apologies for being away. Didn't mean to cause worry. Life got very busy. Elderly parents sold their house. Sick friends needed help. Homeless friends needed help. These 20s are turbulent.
I still continued keeping chart records.
Forty years ago this year I started it as a hobby and never stopped. I've kept records for specific genres like R&B, Pop and Dance, Swing and Christmas. With Electro Swing I've been keeping records for fifteen years and posting results online for seven.
One big frustration in the last year was creating the album chart. It was a first for me. It requires more research, which is no problem, but there is so much incorrect information out there I almost gave up. I had to step back and ask myself if I was up to the task. From album titles being incorrect to tracklists being in the wrong order. Even creating a filing system. The frustrations piled up. But the chart is necessary. People need to see what a diverse variety of music the Electro Swing genre has evolved into.
I encourage people to help others when you can and to support your favourite artists by streaming or purchasing their music and merchandise.
Enjoy the charts.

Jay Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment

iSwing Top 50 Albums September 10, 2023

iSwing Top 50 Albums September 10, 2023 1 Hannah Gill - Everybody Loves A Lover 🆕 2 Laufey - Bewitched 🆕 3 Defunk - The Voyage 4 ...